11/16/2008

Horoscope

Task for June 6th:
Read the text about your horoscope that extplains how you are according to your date of birth.


Paragraph 1: Introduction
Paragraph 2: Who you are to you.
Paragraph 3: Who you are according to your horoscope.
Paragraph 4: Compare and contrast what is true and what isn't.
Paragraph 5: Conclusion

Teacher's answer: 9.5 Excellent! Great Intro!



As I was born in February 26th, I am Piscean, and when I read my horoscope, it said how I am meant to be. I am going to compare and contrast my opinion of myself with how the Piscean horoscope says I am.
In my opinion, I am a very honest person, and a very loyal one, because I respect my friends, and always tell them the truth. I am also very sympathetic, in fact, I find hard not placing myself at others' places. I never care about material things and I think that if you are a good person and have people who love you, you ought to be happy (although I love buying things for myself now and again).
According to my horoscope, I am supposed to readily adapt to changes, and to identify with others' feelings. I am also meant to be compassionate and fair-minded, and to make an excellent judge.
I agree with all this, except for being adaptable: it takes me a long time to accept any change. As the horoscope said, I make an excellent judge, because whenever I meet a person, I figure out his or her personality, and I am often right. It also said that I have personal power over those I understand so well. I am conscious of this, beacuse I've discovered it, but I think doing that is unfair and I try to avoid turning it into my own advantage the best that I can.
Rounding off, half of the 'predictions' the horoscope made were true, although it didn't mention my honesty, loyalty and truthfulness. Anyway, I don't believe in horoscopes at all, but some of the facts this one said were surprisingly true.

Note from the author: Wow! It's so short! It looked so long on the sheet of paper, almost a complete one!
It's so true, now that I'm reading it, most of the facts it said where exactly as me... Nevertheless I DON'T believe in horoscopes, I think they're pure garbage someone invents once a month in order to earn an average income... I apologise to the ones who do that, but that's my opinion (I'm just talking about the ones who write for teenager's magazines, who write only nonsensical and boring "sillinesses").

1 comentario:

  1. I am not a hardcore believer in horoscopes either, but as a fellow Piscean I have to say that the general characteristics they claim to possess, seem to describe me well to a certain extent!

    here's to some more day-dreaming :)

    ResponderEliminar